Saturday, October 20, 2012

9 weeks to go and counting!

 
Never in a million years did I think pregnancy would fly by as fast as it has.  I remember downloading baby apps on my phone that stated your baby is the size of a poppy seed.  Now at 31 weeks she is the weight of 4 naval oranges and definitely starting to take up space in the tummy!  Currently she is favoring my right side.  Often my belly will poke out on that side with either her head or butt, but I have yet to be able to differentiate!  Still hoping one of these days I will see a clear impression of a hand or a foot poking out!
 
9 weeks seems like such a long time and such a short time as well.  I'm starting to get nervous but Shaun apparently thinks he's got babies down from his experience with his little brother as a baby and watching his neices grow up.  Doesn't seem to have a nervous bone in his body.  Kinda hoping that changes and the moment I go into labor he starts to panic a little!  I don't want to be the only one!
 
I am definitely on the road to getting stuff prepared before the baby comes.  I surprisingly have a lot of Christmas shopping done already and even spent some time yesterday getting stuff wrapped!  Yes it is way early but I figure the earlier it is done, the more time I have to relax and enjoy the holidays and time with family.
 
Since Leighton's room is now painted and furniture is put up, I decided that the rest of my weekly pictures will be taken in her room!  I absoultely love it!  There are more details to add including some shelves and ladybug designs but I told my mom I would wait for her to get here so she could help since she bought the bedding that has the little decorations that came with it.  It will be a good experience to share with her, my dad, and Shaun's mom as well as they all arrive next Friday for the shower.  Target is now a dangerous place for me because in their bedding section, they have all kinds of ladybug things!  I've bought an LED pink ladybug night light and yesterday picked up the squishiest, softest ladybug pillow ever!  I know I shouldn't buy stuff before my shower, but it really is hard to resist adorable things for my little lady!  Space is limited in our tiny 10x10 spare rooms so it will be interesting to see how we can find a place for everything!
 
 
31 Weeks

Daddy did a great job painting!

Changing table and diaper pail!

Beautiful crib!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment